General Terms and Conditions (Auction Setup):
This web-site is intended to be a friendly, enjoyable and useful experience, but as with anything concerning any kind of transactions there are risks involved and we strongly advise you to understand all of these terms before joining. If you spot a listing that you feel is violating the general terms and conditions of this web-site as stated below, or whereas there is an ethical or unlawful issue, please let us know by contacting us. If you spot a listing that you feel could violate the reputation of this web-site in reference to morality, please let us know by contacting us.
Rights To Suspend or Terminate:
You agree that this web-site, in its own discretion, may terminate any auction or use of the service immediately and without notice if (a) We believe that you are not abiding by the general rules of this web-site (b) You have repeatedly broken a certain term (c) You have listed a suspicious item (d) We believe you to be a non-paying bidder. In most cases when we suspect foul play we will suspend your account/listing whilst we investigate further. If our investigation is conclusive then your account with us will be terminated.
You are solely responsible for the contents of your actions through this web-site. You must ensure that your participation in the selling or buying of items does not violate any applicable laws or regulations. By this we mean that you must check that you are entitled to sell or buy the relevant item and that you are not prohibited from doing so by any law or regulation.
You must not transmit through the service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material. You must also not transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Hate or racist speech
- Disruptive or hostile comments
- Threats of violence
- Interpersonal disputes
- Attempts to hide or misspell offensive content
- Offensive language in user IDs
We remove posts immediately if they contain unacceptable language that is offensive in nature.
Please email and alert us about members whose user IDs or posts contain inappropriate language. Please don't repost offensive language or inappropriate user IDs in a new post. This is a violation of our policy, and your posts may be removed. In such situations, please refer to the member by the timestamp on the post. You should also report the member to bidpgh Management.
Obscene, Pornographic, Suggestive, or Adult Material:
You are NOT authorized to use any content that is obscene, pornographic, or adult in nature, including:
· Comic art
· Drawings or paintings
· Off-color jokes
· Links to obscene, pornographic, or adult materials
· Blatant double entendre or other attempts to hide or misspell content that isn't allowed
· Suggestive titles, even when created as jokes
Membership to this web-site is only available to those you can form a legally binding contract. This web-site does not permit minors (under 18) to register. If any member fails to sign up with their correct age the account will be terminated immediately.
Causes to indefinitely suspend a user’s membership…
Shill bidding- is when a user attempts to falsely obtain bids or feedback from self or another user for the purpose of profitability or status. All users who obtain shill bids or feedbacks, including those who place the bid or feedback will be restricted indefinitely. Those who observe shill bidding should report the violation. bidpgh desires fairness in all aspects of its site.
Non-Payment- Users that win an auction, but do not pay for the auction run the risk of losing their account indefinitely.
Receive payment, but not shipping an item- Sellers that receive payment, but never ship an item shall lose all selling privileges, will be suspended indefinitely, and will be reported to their local authorities for theft.
Falsifying information- Any falsification of any information either by a buyer or seller, to include items not as described may lose their accounts indefinitely. It is the responsibility of the seller to correctly describe their item and it is the responsibility of the buyer to interpret the seller’s description. Any falsification of a description requires immediate suspension. Falsifying personal information in reference to creating an account or falsifying personal information between the buyer and seller requires immediate suspension of the guilty party. We investigate every instance.
Buying and Selling:
By obtaining an account with bidpgh, you agree to hold bidpgh and its employees harmless of lawsuits regarding anything related to bidpgh. However, buyers that pay but never receive an item or the item was not as described, it is suggested that you work your differences out amicably. If buyers and sellers cannot work out their differences, then it is suggested to file suit on that individual. Bidpgh cannot control the behaviors of others. Also, thereby obtaining an account, you agree that before placing any bid, that you will know fully what you will receive, you will know whom you are dealing with, and you shall obtain sufficient contact information about the buyer or seller (i.e. Name, address, telephone number, and/or email address) before payment is made. As a rule of thumb, know who you are dealing with. Ways that you can protect yourself is read feedback; contact the seller prior to bidding or paying for an item.
By obtaining an account, sellers agree to obtain a confirmation number for every shipment sent to a buyer. This policy is necessary to view a chain of custody thereby avoiding loss of a shipment and/or avoiding confrontation from your buyer.
This site acts as the window for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items listed the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot and do not control whether or not sellers will complete the sale of items they offer or buyers will complete the purchases of items they have bid on. In addition, note that there are risks of dealing with foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
This Web-site shall not be responsible for any items sold, traded, auctioned, purchased, for any damage to items during transit or during the inspection period, nor for misrepresentations and/or breaches of contract by either buyer and/or seller. This web-site shall not be responsible for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or any losses resulting from any goods purchased or obtained.
This web-site assumes no liability for the content of the listings. However if you fall victim of a fraudulent transaction we will assist you as much as we can.
You agree that your auction, account, wanted ad, or any other information may be deleted without notice.
In general you shall not do any of the following…
· Advertising items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade, "wanted" posts, or charitable solicitations.
· Attempting to impersonate bidpgh staff or other bidpgh members
· Creating additional user IDs to avoid posting limits
· Discussing ways of getting around our policies
· Creating counterfeit or fraudulent auctions or posts, including infringement of copying images and/or words created by others (Normally copyrighted or registered material)
· Discussing or reposting deleted posts, auctions, or warning letters.
· Discussing restricted, suspended, or no longer registered members
· Enabling, encouraging, or instructing others to leave bidpgh so that they can sell, buy, or participate on sites other than bidpgh that includes the sale of merchandise, auctions, and services, such as off-bidpgh forums, off-bidpgh groups, and other sites
· Encouraging others to violate our policies, user agreements, or the law.
· Hostile comments, hate comments, comments of a sexual nature, threatening comments, or otherwise comments that may offend another to which may bring discredit upon bidpgh will NOT be tolerated.
· Including another individual's contact information or email address
· Interpersonal disputes
· Misuse to maliciously or frivolously report auctions or posts (Those who report continuously will be investigated and your account may be restricted indefinitely if found to be malicious or frivolous).
· Posting email content from other individuals
· Posting information about member or listing violations.
· Posting material that in any way violates the bidpgh user agreement or our values.
· Posting web addresses (URLs), websites, or item numbers in the title of an auction or threaded discussion
· Refusing to follow eBay staff instructions
· Repetitive or disruptive threads
· Starting inappropriate threads
· Unacceptable images or text
· Harassing members or bidpgh staff
· Other actions that interfere with bidpgh site operations
Other Restrictions/ Policies:
· bidpgh reserves the right to remove any post for any reason without warning or notice.
· Users are cautioned about conducting transactions with user IDs that possess bad feedback and or low feedback. This is not to say do not conduct business. However, if it sounds “fishy”, do your homework first (i.e. Make contact, whether by email, telephone, texting, and etc.).
· A restriction or suspension of one user ID will apply to all user IDs registered to the member and may apply to other bidpgh members in the same household.
· The use of false registration information or creation of multiple accounts for use on bidpgh for the purpose of disruption or to avoid detection may result in permanent restriction or suspension of all associated registered accounts indefinitely.
· Only persons aged 18 years or older may post, even if an adult actually owns the registration or an underage person has some type of parental or guardian permission.
· Reporters, researchers, and third-party representatives need permission before posting or emailing members in an official capacity.
· Posting copyrighted content without the permission of the copyright owner isn't allowed.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the United States and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of local, state, and federal government. If you have reason to believe that someone has committed a crime, please inform us and contact your local authorities.